Thursday, December 01, 2005

Muddy Season

Someone once made the comment that Albania only has two seasaons--dust and mud. We are now entering the season of rain and mud. With the nice potholed roads, it makes walking somewhere without being splashed a big challenge. You kinda have to make a game out of it in order to not get frustrated! We've also been having major power outages (no electricity for 8-10 hours a day) because of the lack of planning. The hydroelectricity plant's reservoir has been nothing more than a puddle for some time now. All these things together makes Albania quite the gloomy place in the wintertime. So please keep praying that God would restore our joy, and that we would still be shining the light to those around us.

1 comment:

Cheryl T. said...

Hey! I didn't know about this blog existed! I've only known about the "other" one (shhhhh)
Anyway...now that I've discovered it...I'll be addicted. Any news about Laura and/or Albania is something I can't get enough of!!
Love you girl! I so wish I were there working along side you. God is on your side and Satan is damned...so just remember that when the mud gets deep honey.
Talk to you soon. (hint)
Cheryl